How do I add a directory of people to a BSD template website?
Custom directories of people on a BSD site look something like the following. This component is called a People, Grouped List. A People, Grouped List is composed of one or more groups, with each group having zero or more people inside of it. Groups can optionally have a title.
To add a People, Grouped List to a page that you are editing:
- Scroll to to the area of the editor called Components, Main Section (or, if it does not exist, click the button that says Add Components, Main Section).
- Click the downward-facing arrow next to Add Accordion Block to reveal a dropdown list of all possible page components.
- Click on Add People, Grouped List.
To add more groups to a People, Grouped List:
- Click on the Add People, Grouped List Group button.
To add more people to a group:
- Click on the Add Item button inside that group.
- Type the name of the person into the group item.
- Selecting the person’s name when it appears in a dropdown list. For a person’s name to appear, they must be saved as a reference Person on your site. See instructions on that below.
How do I add a reference Person entry to a BSD template website?
To add a Person to your site:
- Navigate to the Content tab in the menu bar.
- Click on Add content in the top left and then choose Person.
- Fill in all the relevant details of the person you would like to add, such as their name, photo, position, and email address.
- Click Save when you are finished.
This person can now be referenced by name in a People, Grouped List.