BSD Zoom Information
Last updated on 3/16/2020 @ 11:00am
Notice from IT Services re: free Zoom accounts
The University is moving to remote learning for undergraduate and graduate classes for the entire Spring Quarter 2020, beginning on Monday, March 30. You are receiving this message to help you prepare for teaching with Zoom.
As an instructor with an existing free Zoom account, you will need to move it to a University-licensed account that you may use for teaching and other University meetings. Please follow the instructions below to activate your UChicago Zoom account. IT Services will be hosting Zoom and Canvas training sessions to assist you with using these tools in your teaching. More information on these sessions can be found at this website.
UChicago Zoom Account Activation Instructions
- Zoom will send you a Zoom account invitation email to your inbox.
- Click Approve the Request within the email.
- A web page will open on your browser to confirm the new Zoom account activation.
- Click I Acknowledge and Switch.
- Click Sign into Your Current Account.
- You will be redirected to the UChicago Zoom sign in page: https://uchicago.zoom.us. Use this URL going forward to log in to your Zoom account.
- You will be prompted to enter your CNetID and password, and then complete the two-factor authentication process.
For additional resources about teaching with Zoom, visit this website.
Zoom video tutorials are available at this website.
Please contact IT Services for support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.702.5800, option 1.