Lost and Stolen Devices
If your device is lost and your department is supported under the BSD security group, visit the campus security Lost and Found page and contact campus security to see if it is possible to retrieve the device and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the situation.
If your device is stolen and your department is supported under the BSD security group, please contact the campus police first at 773.702.8181 and then send an email to email@example.com with the situation as soon as possible.
To facilitate the process please have the following questions answered in the email:
- Was Tracking software installed and enabled?
- Can the equipment be located and reacquired?
- If not, what is the Lost/Stolen Police Report ID, the Lost/Stolen Police Organization contacted, and when was the date the report was filed?
- Was the equipment signed in when lost/stolen?
- Was the equipment encrypted?
- Was sensitive data on the equipment?
- Was any data lost?
- Are backups available?
- If yes, what is the date when the data was restored from backup and when was the data stored on the replacement?
If it is a mobile device, you can lock and track your device as well. Visit these pages for more information: